BACOLOD CITY–The Department of Education (DepEd) announced Thursday, December 2, it has identified 117 public schools nationwide, including 10 in Negros Occidental and one in Bacolod City, for pilot face-to-face classes that will start on December 6, after having passed safety assessments conducted by the DepEd and Department of Health.
Dr. Marsette Sabbaluca, Negros Occidental Schools Superintendent, said the pilot face-to-face classes will only involve select classes.
The following are the identified participant-schools in Bacolod and Negros Occidental:
– Alangilan National High School in Bacolod City
– Hiyanghiyang Elementary School in Cadiz City
– Mabini National High School in Escalante City
– Raymundo T. Tongson National High School in Himamaylan City
– Valladolid National High School
– Aguntilang Elementary School in Isabela town
– Colonia Divina Integrated School in Sagay City
– Don Carlos Ledesma National High School in San Carlos City
– Patag Diotay Elementary School in Silay City
– Mauboy Elementary School in Sipalay City
– Victorias National High School in Victorias City
The education department said other schools that would like to participate in the pilot run will have to pass rigorous safety assessments first. (Eugene Y. Adiong/iNews-Bacolod/Negros Bureau)